Friday, March 4, 2011

Dinner Highlight: Beef Chili Soup

Need a hearty soup recipe? This is it! :-D

.....And yes, I am on a soup frenzy!! :-P

While we were spending a weekend with my in-laws, my momma-in-law shared a recipe book with me entitled, "The Soup Bible." It was literally filled with hundreds of soup recipes from all over the world. Of course, I took advantage of this moment and wrote down a few recipes that I was sure were going to be great additions to my repertoire. When I saw this recipe, I immediately thought of my hubby. He absolutely enjoys delicious soups, especially those that are as hearty and as meat-filled as this. Not only was this a hot at home, but it was surprisingly enjoyed by my church family as well at a fellowship lunch. I hope y'all enjoy this as much as we have! :-)

Beef Chili Soup


Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. oil
1 onion, chopped
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet Sazon seasoning (found in your local grocery store at the Ethnic/Hispanic foods sections)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 + 1/8 cup all purpose flour
14-oz can diced petite cut tomatoes with zesty jalapenos
3 cups beef stock
1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
salt and pepper

Directions:
Heat oil and brown beef and onion in a pot. Add Sazon seasoning and mix in with meat mixture. Add garlic, pepper flakes and flour. Cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and pour in stock. Bring to boil. Stir in beans and salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes. add parsley. Served great with some crushed tortilla chips as a topping and biscuits and salad on the side. Enjoy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment