Thursday, October 28, 2010

Visit to the Oriental Market

I visited the Oriental Market the other day and got A LOT of stuff! Since I got married, I have not cooked any filipino dish, or at least a dish that was made at my home. It's all about to change now!!! :-D

There are 2 specific items I am particularly excited about.... let me show you...


The one to the left is a sweet chili sauce that is oh..so...good!! The brand is Mae Ploy and one can usually see/taste it in Tijuana Flats since it is one of the many sauces available at their sauce bars. It goes great with fish, chicken, tacos, quesadillas...pretty much anything! :-D

The second bottle is Mang Tomas All Purpose Sauce. I pretty much grew up with this sauce and it is one of my favorites. I can't quite explain it, but it is like a sweet gravy sauce...oh well, I guess you'll just have to taste for yourself!! ;-P Like the description says, it's a sauce for anything and everything...seriously. It's good with fried chicken, pork chop, and various filipino dishes such as tortang talong (eggplant with meat), crispy pata (crispy pork), and lechon (pork).

Clearly, these 2 sauces come highly recommended. For those living in Florida, here are some filipino and oriental markets that I know of in the Orlando and Kissimmee area... Enjoy shopping!!! ;-)

Kissimmee:
Fish N' Spices
1174 E Vine St.
Kissimmee, FL 34744

Orlando:
JM Oriental Market (near Florida Mall)
9421 S Orange Blossom Trl # 5
Orlando, FL 32837

Evcon Filipino Oriental Store
9251 S Orange Blossom Trl # 8
Orlando, FL 32837

Dong A Supermarket (in Viet town)
816 N Mills Ave
Orlando, FL 32803

De Guzman Oriental Food Mart
(this place also serves cooked Filipino food you can order to-go)
8433 E Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 32817
 

No comments:

Post a Comment